Saturday 4th December 2010

Derby County 1 Norwich City 2
npower Championship
At: Pride Park
Kick-off: 3-00 pm
Admission: £30; Programme: £3 (84 pages)
Weather: rain
Attendance: 26,134
Duration: first-half: 47:18; second-half: 50:09



The continued freezing weather meant a first-ever trip to Pride Park was the only option and, on Friday lunchtime, I booked a ticket in the East Stand. A slow moving queue in the bank why are bank queues so lengthy at the moment?) meant I missed my preferred train and so made my way to Derby via Birmingham New Street. What I saw was an entertaining game between two promotion-chasing sides with all the goals coming in the opening 17 minutes. Norwich took full advantage of poor home defending to score twice in 167 seconds before Derby pulled a goal back, but the Rams couldn’t find an equaliser. Back home via Stoke and in the house in time to see the end of Strictly Come Dancing!